Environmental Vision 2020
Daifuku has a vision for its entire Group to fulfill its environmental responsibility for the next generation as a member of the global community.
Contribute to our customers, society, and the conservation of the global environment
We strive to be environmentally aware in every business activity, including consistently developing and providing material handling systems with low environmental impact.
Targets for Fiscal 2020
- 1. Promote environmentally friendly activities in business operations
- - Reducing CO2 emissions from our business activities to 25% below the fiscal 2005 level
- - Taking steps to save energy and resources, introduce renewable energy, preserve biodiversity, reduce the environmental impact, and harmonize with communities
- 2. Increase the number of environmentally friendly products and services
- - Developing and supplying environmentally friendly products and services that comply with our environmental standards
- - Helping our customers reduce CO2 emissions through our environmentally friendly products and services to the extent equivalent of six times the CO2 emitted from our business activities
- 3. Enhance the foundations for environmental management
- - Expanding environmental education and training to increase awareness across the Daifuku Group
- - Building a global management framework for the Group's environmental contribution
Initiatives to Reduce CO2 Emissions
Aiming for a six-fold decrease in CO2 emissions as our contribution to the environment
With evolving logistics and globalization, it is inevitable that energy consumption and CO2 emissions associated with material handling systems will rise. Daifuku seeks to help protect the global environment by increasing the functionality and reliability of its existing products and services while introducing new environmentally friendly products and services. Specifically, we have set a target to reduce CO2 emissions from our products and services to the equivalent of six times the CO2 emitted from our business activities by 2020. We expect to do this by helping customers reduce energy consumption and CO2 emissions through products and services that comply with our own environmental standards.
Note: We measure our contribution to the environment by deducting the projected CO2 emissions of all Daifuku products and services in use as of fiscal 2020 from the figure for fiscal 2005.
Positioning of Our Environmental Vision
Daifuku has long been aware of the importance of environmental considerations in its business activities and has sought to reduce its environmental impact under its own environmental management system.
In April 2011, we established an environmental vision for the entire Daifuku Group. Based on this vision, we aspire to improve our corporate value by integrating "Environment" and "Management" under our management philosophy and basic management policy to achieve sustainable growth.
We aim to achieve the vision target in 2020 by enhancing our medium-term environmental action plan and ISO 14001 operation plan.